IMPORTANT DEFINITIONS AND CONCEPTS:
We also describe additional rights that California users have under the California “Shine the Light” law.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION AND WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
We collect Information in many ways, including –
- When you register for the Ad Campaigns and voluntarily provide your Personal Information – typically your full name, postal address, email address, birthdate, gender and telephone number.
- When you voluntarily provide other Information through surveys or questionnaires, such as health, medical, lifestyle and general interest related information which we will associate with your registration Personal Information.
- When you voluntarily contact us for customer service, typically via email, postal mail or telephone.
- When you interact with an advertiser on the Websites and we collect your Information on their behalf.
- We may also collect other Information when you visit the Website and/or voluntarily submit your Personal Information, such as your IP address, computer operating system, browser, device type, referring URL, click activity and wireless carrier.
- Through the use of “cookies” (small text files placed on a user’s computer that track online behavior), single-pixel GIF image files (also called “web beacons”) and other technological means.
We may use third party data and data provided by our affiliates (which includes our parent, subsidiaries and other entities under common control with us; collectively, “Affiliates”) to augment and/or verify the Information we collect from users and we may also associate demographic and other data we collect such as the user’s browser and device with their Personal Information.
SBP’s web servers automatically recognize and record the URLs (Universal Resource Locator or the address of a World Wide Web page) from which visitors access the Websites’ webpages via the Internet, as well as the names of the pages visited while at the Websites. SBP may store Cookies from Website visitors. At the time these Cookies are stored, there is no personally-identifiable information. However, as part of providing Value-Added Opportunities, personally-identifiable information may be appended to the Cookies. By participating in any Value-Added Opportunities, you acknowledge and agree that Cookies will be used as described herein.
When a visitor accesses SBP’s Website, SBP may collect a variety of technical data about the user which is stored in aggregate form. This data may include (but is not limited to) the visitor’s IP address (a unique number that identifies a computer on the Internet), URL, domain, and web browser information. SBP may track the web pages visited before the visitor came to the Websites, and the page(s) it linked to upon leaving the Websites, along with which pages on the Website were accessed, and how long was spent on each page.
SBP may use aggregate information about surfing behavior and equipment to improve sponsorships, Website experiences and the K-12 funding generated.
SBP also uses anonymous, individually identifiable, and aggregate information for a variety of marketing and promotional purposes. For instance, SBP uses what is learned about a visitor’s preferences to alert the visitor to new options when it returns to the Websites, or to help SBP or SBP’s business partners and/or the Sponsors target messaging or product placements to the viewer’s particular interests.
SBP may share personally identifiable information which Schools provide via web forms, email, or in writing with SBP corporate affiliates, other companies with which SBP has substantial strategic or marketing relationships, companies to which SBP outsources certain functions of its Website, and as required by law. In addition, if a School expresses its desire to receive a particular service or information from another company (e.g., email notifications), SBP will share that School’s personally identifiable information with that particular company. SBP may share anonymous aggregate data about visitors to the Websites with third parties to improve site function and performance, and to report Website statistics.
If a K-12 supplies SBP with the K-12’s postal address, email address, phone number, and/or other personal contact information, and requests to be contacted, that K-12 may receive periodic messages and notifications about new products and services or upcoming events from SBP or other organizations with which SBP shares the School’s information, all with a view toward optimizing the Ad Campaigns’ potential for the School.
SBP employs measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from Schools. However, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, SBP cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted using the Websites, and such information is transmitted at a School’s own risk. SBP does not assume responsibility for use or disclosure of a School’s information resulting from unauthorized or illegal access to SBP’s systems or those of SBP’s vendors or partners.
HOW DO WE USE WEBSITE VISITOR (or “your” or “you”) INFORMATION?
- We use your Information to administer the Websites and Ad Campaigns and related business activities, perform analytics, to provide customer service and to send you important Ad Campaigns notifications by email.
- We may use your email address to send you commercial email we believe you may have an interest in. We may use your postal address to send you mail about products and services we believe you may have an interest in.
- We may aggregate your Personal Information with other information we collected at the time you visit the Websites and/or voluntarily submit your Information, such as your IP address, computer operating system, device type, referring URL, click activity, survey responses related to your health and lifestyle and other interest information.
- We may use your Information, or an encrypted/hashed version of your Information, to deliver more relevant or personalized advertising to you on the Websites, or across other websites, social networks and marketing channels.
HOW IS WEBSITE VISITOR (or “your” or “you”) INFORMATION SHARED?
- We may share your Information with our Affiliates and third party marketing partners, who may send you information, including information about products and services, that may be of interest to you. These partners may combine your Information with other data and may utilize email, postal, digital, social or other marketing channels to contact you.
- We may share your email Information with our mailing partner, who may send you third-party emails about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also share your Information with our Affiliates and third-party marketing partners. These partners may utilize postal, digital, social or other marketing channels to contact you.
- We may share your Information with our Affiliates and third parties for analytic purposes, data append services, data validation, enhancement or other non-marketing purposes.
- If you interacted with an advertiser on our Website, we may share your Information with that advertiser.
- We may share your Information with our service providers who assist us with operating our business. These include email validation, fraud detection, email service and display service providers.
- If we consider a transaction involving the purchase or sale of our assets or stock, other companies may review our records, including your Information, to make business decisions about the transaction. Likewise, if there is a sale or acquisition of SBP or any of its assets, your Information may be transferred to the purchasers.
- We may share your Information with our Affiliates and/or third parties to develop and/or enhance their products and/or services.
INTERNET COOKIES as they relate to a WEBSITE VISITOR (or “your” or “you”)
- Session Cookie: We place session cookies to assist with the navigation of our Websites and to store information temporarily. Session cookies expire soon after a user quits their session.
- Persistent Cookie: We place a persistent cookie to assist us in identifying when you visit our Websites again, to track Ad Campaigns earnings requirements and to enhance your experience, including advertising you may be exposed to. These cookies remain on your computer or mobile device until deleted or they expire.
Additionally, we allow third party partners and Affiliates to place cookies on your computer or mobile device. Our persistent cookie and these third party cookies may be linked to your IP address, browser version, operating system, device, demographic or inferred interest Information. We may use them to help deliver more relevant advertising to you and to identify you on unaffiliated websites, apps, ad networks or for analytics, attribution and reporting purposes.
INFORMATION a WEBSITE VISITOR (or “your” or “you”) PROVIDES DIRECTLY TO ADVERTISERS ON THIS SITE.
You are able to access certain advertiser’s web sites through our Websites. When you choose to interact, receive information or sign up for an offer from an advertiser, you may be doing so through third party web sites and with other entities over which we have no control. You should read those sites’ privacy policies to make sure you understand how those web sites collect, use and share your Information. We have no control over use of your Information by these third party web sites.
SECURITY OF a WEBSITE VISITOR’S (or “your” or “you”) INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction of your Information. We may not currently encrypt Information that we store. Given the nature of the Internet, your Information passes through entities that we are unable to control. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that our security measures or those of third parties who access or transmit your Information will prevent your Information from being illegally accessed, stolen or altered. SBP may use encryption technology to protect certain information sent over the Internet. SSL is an encryption technology known as “Secure Sockets Layer”. SSL encrypts transmissions between two parties and verifies the Web site server you are communicating with. An “s” after the “http” in a Website’s address indicates that a browser is attached to a secure server using SSL technology.
ACCESS TO WEBSITE VISITOR INFORMATION
All users who provide their Information to us may modify and correct their Information by contacting us via this link: http://schoolADNetwork.com/contact/ .
WEBSITE VISITOR (or “user” or “you” or “his/her”) CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California “Shine the Light” law permits users who are California residents to request information regarding our disclosure of their Information to third parties including the categories of Information shared and a list of the names and addresses of third parties with whom the Information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a request by contacting us either online or by writing to us at the address set forth via this link: http://schoolADNetwork.com/contact/ . In your request, please specify that you want “Your School Bell Partners, LLC California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
Most browsers contain a “do-not-track” setting. In general, when a “do-not-track” setting is active, the user’s browser notifies other websites that the user does not want their Information and online behavior to be tracked and used, for example, for behavioral advertising. As required by recent Shine the Light law amendments we are required to inform you that, as is the case with most websites, we do not honor or alter our behavior when a user to our Website has activated the “do-not-track” setting on his/her browser.
TO FURTHER PROTECT PRIVACY
Sponsors, other online retailers, and partners, third party Internet sites, and third party services accessible through the Websites have separate privacy and data collection policies and practices, which are independent of and may be different from SBP’s policies and practices. SBP is not responsible or liable for these independent policies and practices, and it is each School’s responsibility to review those policies and practices, and to decide whether or not they satisfactorily protect the School’s rights.
We reserve the right to revise and update this Policy at any time. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will post notice on our Website. Any such revisions will be effective 7 days after posting to the Website or 3 days after SBP notifies relevant parties directly, via email, telephone or facsimile transmittal, and will apply to all Information collected by us both before and following the effective date. School use and website visitor use of the Websites or participation in any Ad Campaigns following any such revisions will be deemed their acceptance of such revisions. Users should periodically visit this page to review our current policies on our collection and use of Information.
These Internet Privacy Practices and Terms and Conditions were last modified in 2017, and update and replace any previous Internet Privacy Practices or Terms and Conditions from SBP.
QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS OR TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or suggestions regarding our Policy or the Website, please contact us online or by writing us at the address set forth at this link: http://schoolADNetwork.com/contact/ .